Commercial Loan Officer
Sabre Finance based out of downtown Birmingham, Alabama will be opening a second office in Anniston, Alabama to manage the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission’s Revolving Loan Fund. This growth within Sabre provides to opportunity to hire an additional, full-time, Commercial Loan Officer. This position will meet with loan applicants, review and document company information, and prepare a commercial loan package. In addition to vetting loan applicants, the loan officer will be tasked with developing the East Alabama market in order to bring greater awareness to the loan funds. The market consists of the following counties: Calhoun, Chambers, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Etowah, Randolph, Talladega, and Tallapoosa Counties.
In conjunction with the Small Business Administration, Sabre Finance offers various technical assistance programs to clients, pre-loan and post-loan. This may include entrepreneurship classes and workshops within the East Alabama market. Training and educational opportunities will be provided through Sabre Finance. The office will be located within the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission at Quintard Tower, Suite 300 1130 Quintard Avenue Anniston, AL 36201.
Responsibilities include But Are Not Limited To:
- Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Responsible for meeting with clients and discussing individual needs to tailor a complete loan package. Examine the viability and creditworthiness of the client and respective business to determine available financial options.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Keep open channels of communication with management team, clients, and community partners.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
- Interview clients to gather financial information.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
• Open to Economics, Marketing, and Management
- Work experience as a commercial loan officer, preferred
- Ability to assess performance of self, individuals, and organizations
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Organized and analytical; show initiative while being a self-starter
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
Interviews will be conducted in downtown Birmingham office.
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com and the deadline to apply is November 22, 2019.
Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance
The Executive Director of the LMAEDA reports to the LMAEDA Board of Directors and Executive Board. The overall responsibilities of the position are: 1) to recruit new industry to the Coosa and Tallapoosa County areas, 2) to assist existing industries in their expansion needs, 3) to manage programs and activities designed to enhance Coosa and Tallapoosa counties and the communities within the 2 counties.
Salary range: $75,000-$100,000 depending on experience
Deadline for submission is Friday, October 11, 2019
For more information, click here.
Senior Project Manager
Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management, planning, monitoring, and reporting of programs related to the implementation of development opportunities in existing and new industries. This position would oversee projects directly related to existing and new industry needs including marketing, site development, and workforce development initiatives.
The Senior Project Manager will lead business retention activities and assist with planning, marketing and attraction, lead generation, innovation and entrepreneurship programming, incentive package preparation, economic analysis, and site inventory and preparation.
The Senior Project Manager requires a fundamental understanding of go to market strategies for business recruitment and retention. Knowledge and understanding of working with the public to analyze and assist with their concerns. Ability to relate and interface with all levels of the organization. Strong ability to make presentations to all levels of the organization and to the business and public communities. Skills and ability to utilize various technology based applications including various software packages to achieve financial requirements. Good analytical abilities. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization, exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Ability to represent the 58 Inc. as part of boards and leadership positions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful completion of an Undergraduate Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economic Development, or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in local or regional economic development
- Valid driver’s license
- Five (5) or more years of experience and proven track record in Economic Development Recruitment, Business Development, Project Management or Sales Team management, including experience with redevelopment and revitalization programs
- Residence in Shelby County within 9 months of hire date
- Successful completion of the Intensive Economic Development Training Courses
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of Yvonne Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.