Central Alabama Works
Workforce Program Coordinator
Central AlabamaWorks is seeking a Workforce Program Coordinator, responsible for assisting the Executive Director in coordinating, and executing workforce development efforts in the region.
The Workforce Program Coordinator will be an employee of Central AlabamaWorks and will be based in one of the 13 counties that make up the region, but will work throughout the region and will be expected to travel between the 13 counties of the workforce region as needed and occasionally beyond the borders of the region.
Central AlabamaWorks serves: Autauga, Bullock, Chambers, Coosa, Dallas, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Perry, Russell, and Tallapoosa counties.
Application deadline is Noon on Friday, November 15, 2019.
For more information, click here.
North Central Alabama Regional Council of Governments
The Board of Directors of the North Central Alabama Regional Council of Governments (NARCOG) is seeking a results-oriented leader to serve the Board and the Agency in achieving its vision for the future. The Agency and this position are based at NARCOG’S central office at 216 Jackson Street Southeast in downtown Decatur, Alabama.
The Executive Director of NARCOG is responsible for the planning, administration and operation of the programs and services of the Agency. This includes budgeting, program monitoring and personnel management, but more importantly, providing visionary leadership to the Agency and the communities it serves. The Executive Director is responsible for a budget of approximately $8,500,000. There are 76 regular employees, both full-time and part-time, 40 part-time senior employees, and a variety of volunteers. The Executive Director is expected to be creative and proactive in the expansion of services and funding. The Executive Director must develop positive working relationships with political, governmental and community leadership throughout the region and with State and Federal agencies. The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of NARCOG and reports to its Board of Directors. The Executive Director is to provide leadership and direction to NARCOG’S central management team and is expected to be a knowledgeable advocate for all Agency programs and services. The compensation package includes a competitive starting salary depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate with benefits including medical insurance and retirement.
The minimum requirements for this position include knowledge and a level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in public administration, business administration, city and regional planning, or other field of study related to the work of the Agency and five years of related professional experience, including three years at a senior administrative level. For more information about NARCOG and to view a more complete job description of this position, you may visit us at www.narcog.org. To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest along with your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled, however, an initial screening of applicants will occur on or about November 25, 2019.
NARCOG is an equal opportunity employer.
North Central Alabama Regional Council of Governments
216 Jackson Street SE – P. O. Box C
Decatur, Alabama 35602
For more information, click here.
Commercial Loan Officer
Sabre Finance based out of downtown Birmingham, Alabama will be opening a second office in Anniston, Alabama to manage the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission’s Revolving Loan Fund. This growth within Sabre provides to opportunity to hire an additional, full-time, Commercial Loan Officer. This position will meet with loan applicants, review and document company information, and prepare a commercial loan package. In addition to vetting loan applicants, the loan officer will be tasked with developing the East Alabama market in order to bring greater awareness to the loan funds. The market consists of the following counties: Calhoun, Chambers, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Etowah, Randolph, Talladega, and Tallapoosa Counties.
In conjunction with the Small Business Administration, Sabre Finance offers various technical assistance programs to clients, pre-loan and post-loan. This may include entrepreneurship classes and workshops within the East Alabama market. Training and educational opportunities will be provided through Sabre Finance. The office will be located within the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission at Quintard Tower, Suite 300 1130 Quintard Avenue Anniston, AL 36201.
Responsibilities include But Are Not Limited To:
- Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Responsible for meeting with clients and discussing individual needs to tailor a complete loan package. Examine the viability and creditworthiness of the client and respective business to determine available financial options.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Keep open channels of communication with management team, clients, and community partners.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
- Interview clients to gather financial information.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
• Open to Economics, Marketing, and Management
- Work experience as a commercial loan officer, preferred
- Ability to assess performance of self, individuals, and organizations
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Organized and analytical; show initiative while being a self-starter
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
Interviews will be conducted in downtown Birmingham office.
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com and the deadline to apply is November 22, 2019.
Senior Project Manager
Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management, planning, monitoring, and reporting of programs related to the implementation of development opportunities in existing and new industries. This position would oversee projects directly related to existing and new industry needs including marketing, site development, and workforce development initiatives.
The Senior Project Manager will lead business retention activities and assist with planning, marketing and attraction, lead generation, innovation and entrepreneurship programming, incentive package preparation, economic analysis, and site inventory and preparation.
The Senior Project Manager requires a fundamental understanding of go to market strategies for business recruitment and retention. Knowledge and understanding of working with the public to analyze and assist with their concerns. Ability to relate and interface with all levels of the organization. Strong ability to make presentations to all levels of the organization and to the business and public communities. Skills and ability to utilize various technology based applications including various software packages to achieve financial requirements. Good analytical abilities. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization, exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Ability to represent the 58 Inc. as part of boards and leadership positions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful completion of an Undergraduate Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economic Development, or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in local or regional economic development
- Valid driver’s license
- Five (5) or more years of experience and proven track record in Economic Development Recruitment, Business Development, Project Management or Sales Team management, including experience with redevelopment and revitalization programs
- Residence in Shelby County within 9 months of hire date
- Successful completion of the Intensive Economic Development Training Courses
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of Yvonne Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.