EDAA 2020 Winter Conference
When: August 2 – 5, 2020
The Lodge at Gulf State Park
21196 East Beach Boulevard
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
2020 Summer Conference – Alabama In a Changing World
August 2 @ 8:00 am – August 5 @ 12:00 pm
Attendee Registration Opens
May 7, 2020
Room Block Cutoff is June 17, 2020
Click here to register
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
There are two ways to register for the 2020 EDAA Summer Conference
1) Online at www.edaa.org
2) By mail (here) to EDAA, 2 North Jackson Street, Suite 302, Montgomery, AL 36104
Please complete the online registration form and include your credit card information or check made payable to EDAA. Due to the large number of registrations, we will be unable to verify receipt of your registration.
*REMEMBER: Members MUST log in to receive member rates
- If mailing registration forms, payment MUST accompany registration form
- EDAA offers no partial or daily registrations
- EDAA reserves the right to limit or restrict registration
- Registration must be received no later than July 2, 2020.
Member and non-member registration fees include: all conference sessions, all meals, receptions and breaks.
Partner/Guest registration fees include Sunday night reception and Monday night reception and dinner ONLY(The Governor’s Lunch is not included in this registration). It does not include conference sessions, breakfast, lunch or breaks throughout the conference. Partner/Guest registration fees have been established solely for a spouse or significant other who accompanies the primary member registrant. This fee will not be honored for co-workers or industry associates.
CANCELLATIONS FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Cancellation deadline is July 2, 2020. In order to obtain a refund, all cancellations must be received in writing at the EDAA office. Refund policy is as follows: Cancellation notices received by July 2, 2020, will receive a full refund less an administrative fee of $55. Any registrant who does not submit cancellation correspondence by July 2, 2020, is required to pay the balance in full, whether you are able to attend or not. Registrants may substitute attendees without penalty upon notification, however, appropriate member/non-member rates will apply to substitute attendees. EDAA is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY EDAA LEADERSHIP CLASS ON TOURISM (You must register for this class with Government & Economic Development Institute, Auburn University)
- The class titled Tourism will be held on Sunday, August 2, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Course Description: Tourism is an often-overlooked economic development strategy. This workshop will provide participants with knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of tourism, how it impacts the state and local communities, and best practices to identify, develop, and promote tourism assets in local communities. Non- tourism economic development professionals will find this very beneficial to their interest in growing their areas and local economy.
- Topics: Growth of tourism, State’s activities, marketing campaigns, roles of the Department of Tourism, traditional tourism, other types of tourism, tourism success stories (case studies), recognizing assets, funding sources, and other resources.
- The class is a pre-conference class at a rate of $95 per person.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS at THE LODGE
You must complete your conference registration before you will be able to make room reservations at The Lodge. Once your conference registration is completed you will receive a thank you page where you will be provided with a link and instructions on how to book a room in our room block. You will also be able to view/print your invoice/receipt. Reservations must be made by June 17, 2020, and are based on first-come, first-served and availability to receive conference rate. Room rates are $229.00 plus tax.
**IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THEM THROUGH THE HOTEL. CONTACT EDAA AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE CANCELLATIONS. THIS WILL PREVENT A FINANCIAL IMPACT TO THE ASSOCIATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.**