1. Official Alabama Website– alabama.gov
2. Alabama Department of Commerce– madeinalabama.gov
– Resources include general economic development information of Alabama, international trade information, small business advocacy center, and film office.
3. Alabama Department of Economic & Community Affairs (ADECA)– adeca.alabama.gov
– The Office of the Director is comprised of the ADECA Director, the Administrative Division, and the Appalachian Regional Commission.
4. Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM)– adem.state.al.us.gov
– To protect and improve the quality of Alabama’s environment and the health of citizens.
5. Alabama Departmetn of Labor (ADOL)– labor.alabama.gov
– Your guide to local Department fo Labor programs and services.
6. Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR)– revenue.alabama.gov
– The government agency administers the revenue laws to fund the governmental services for the citizens of Alabama.
7. Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT)– dot.state.al.us
– The government agency responsible for transportation information in Alabama.
8. Alabama Industrial Development Training (AIDT)– aidt.edu
– To provide quality workforce development for Alabama’s new and existing businesses, and to expand the opportunities of its citizens.
9. Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)– edpa.org
– Resources include general economic development and statewide information for Alabama, including available land and buildings.
10. Southern Economic Development Council, Inc. (SEDC)– sedc.org
– Resources include regional economic development information for the Southeast.
1. Alabama Municipal Electric Authority (AMEA)– amea.com
– Member cities include Alexander City, Dothan, Fairhope, Foley, LaFayette, Lanett, Luverne, Opelika, Piedmont, Sylacauga, and Tuskegee.
2. Alabama Power Company– alabamapower.com
– Serves 1.3 million customers in the lower two-thirds of Alabama.
3. AT&T– att.com
– Provider of broadband data and e-commerce solutions for business customers.
4.Central Alabama Electric Cooperative– caec.com
– A not for profit, member-owned electric distribution utility serving more than 40,000 meters in a 10-county area of central Alabama just north of Montgomery.
5. Covington Electric Cooperative– covington.coop
– Serves customers in rural communities in South Alabama.
6. CSX Transportation, Inc.– csx.com
– Major eastern railroad providing rail transportation and distribution services in 23 states, including Alabama.
7. Norfolk Southern Corporation– nscorp.com
– Major railroad providing rail transportation in 22 eastern states, the District of Columbia and Ontario Canada.
8. PowerSouth Energy Cooperative– powersouth.com
-Generation and transmission cooperative providing the wholesale power needs of 20 distribution members.
9. Spire Inc. – www.spireenergy.com
–Gas company serving 1.7 million customers in Missouri, Alabama, and Mississippi, providing natural gas to powers their homes and businesses.
10. Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)– tva.gov
– Serving approximately 8.3 million customers in seven southeastern states.